Wednesday 17 August 2011

Revolights - Unique Bike lighting

Rarely have I come across a Kickstarter project I have wanted to back with no recompensive desire so much as when I saw this project!

I think this project is unique, functional and ultimately extremely beautiful.

"Revolights consist of 2 thin profile LED rings (white in front, red in back) that mount directly to each wheel rim (just below the brake calipers) using a series of rim specific clips. Power is supplied via a thin wire to the hub where a lightweight and slim, USB rechargable polymer lithium-ion battery is held in a special bracket. A small magnet is secured to the fork to provide speed and orientation information to the rings."



This design needs to move into production, and I wish the designers Ken, Adam, and Jim at revolights.com the best of luck in their project.

No comments:

Post a Comment